Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Summed Up!

Well I have no idea how to sum a whole year in one blog, I tend to not talk in just a few sentences. LOL! So will try to make it short and stay on topic, no promises though.

Well I will start with each month, if I can remember it all.....
  • January:  For Paul's 33rd birthday I was able to surprise him with a night away with a stay at the Omni Hotel in Fort Worth. I suggest it, it was very nice and worth the money. He was very surprised! It was a wonderful weekend.
  • February:  We celebrated Landon's 2nd Angelversary with close family this year. the theme was Handy Manny. It was bittersweet and I love celebrating his beautiful life with loved ones over cake and his slide show.
  • March:  I think this was the month we had our Marriage Retreat at Church. I learned a lot and thank this retreat for the strength our marriage had this year due to that message!
  • April:  We celebrated Vivian's first birthday with a Yo Gabba Gabba Bash! That first year went by so quickly! Paul dressed up as DJ Lance Rock, it was priceless! Vivian had MANY loved ones there to celebrate with her. It was great. 
  • May:  My health started to turn this month. Developed a rash and extreme joint pain, it seemed like it all happened overnight. We start the thought of having a bench installed at Moore Funeral Home for angel baby families to sit next to their babies. Maybe start a non profit organization.
  • June: We had lots of testing done this month, including a cardiology scare. It dampened our vacation plans as well.  We were suppose to go to Georgia and Florida.  This is also when I was diagnosed with Sjogrens with a possible Lupus outcome. On top of Vivian's stomach issues it was a hard month. I was surprised for my birthday as well! My wonderful friends and family threw me a surprise party, watched the kids and had a stay overnight at a hotel. It was nice to have a break from everything.
  • July: More testing and went to a rheumatologist.  We start the thought of a Walk and starting a non profit organization full fledged!
  • August:  More testing and waiting for answers. Working hard for the Walk of Hope with Landon's Loving Legacy that comes in October! Kylee starts school. I missed her. Diagnosis of Lupus, trying to figure out what kind.
  • September: Working very hard on LLL and the WOH. Vivian starts school so that I had time to work on LLL and to have freedom to go to by myself to all my Many doctor appointments. This was heart wrenching to let her go. Headaches start happening this month.
  • October: This month was very full!!! I get the diagnosis for sure right before the walk that I have SLE Lupus and bad Photo sensitivity issues. Then we had a Very successful first Walk of Hope! It was so powerful to see all of these angel baby families come together to remember our sweet babies. (Visit www.landonslovinglegacy.org for more information) God was there with us that day as well as all of babies! It was Amazing. Then my oldest baby, Kylee turned 12! I still can't believe she is 12!! Then Halloween was fun. Went to Trunk or Treat at church. Kylee was a vampiress, Vivian was a cupid fairy, and Paul was a woman and I was a man. Paul is hot as a woman, LOL! ;) It was fun. Finally go to Dr about headaches.
  • November: Trying to get through all of the flare ups that tend to be more frequent now linked to the lupus. It is really starting to get overwhelming!! Thanksgiving with the Schuchman's was great!! 
  • December: Full month!! Got MRI results that shows swelling/pressure on the brain, there is a spot that does not look to be growing. Off to the neurologist I go, possible pseudotumor cerebri. After 2 neurologists I am being sent off for many tests for Many more reasons that concerned them that I didn't know were a situation. On top of many more flare ups and muscles starting to hurt on top of my joints. Dr decided to send me to Physical Therapy to help with the strengthening of joints before thinking of use when needed wheelchair. The best parts of December was celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary!! I am blessed to have Paul!! Then comes Christmas. It was a Great Christmas, and the best one since Landon had passed. We started Landon's Tree last year. Each year our family and friends gives us ornaments that remind them of Landon or what he would be like today. We bought a huge tree separate from our normal family tree, that revolves to show all of his ornaments. It felt like he was here with us this year. On top of that we started Landon's stocking project. Friends and family send a letter to Landon or our family that we read on Christmas Morning. We had 29 AMAZING letters that were sent by mail or email this year. It was a HUGE blessing and I will do it each year!! Thank you to all who sent those messages to us. We received many wonderful gifts I can't even name them all. It truly was a blessing after such a hard last few months and the scary beginning of what 2012 would bring our family.
Over all there were many downs that 2011 brought, But soooooo many more blessings that followed those trials. I am thankful that my God held me and holds me still. It will be a scary new year but I know it will have purpose!! This ends 2011!!

No comments: