Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ooops I've Been Busy!!

Well here it is Tuesday January 10th and writing a blog daily is hard, especially when your hubby is able to be home on vacation. I will try to catch you guys up.  So I had my 72 hour EEG done this weekend and Oh Boy was I glad to get that thing off of me. Sleeping with it and a camera cord attached was the hardest part of it. I missed church on Sunday, but was blessed to have a friend video tape the baptisms that went on that morning. I just got finished watching all of them and was overwhelmed at how many kids were being baptized. God is SOO good!! I sure hope I am feeling well enough this Sunday to go to church. I sure do miss being a sponge to God's word, and I really do need it more here lately.

Yesterday was nice and relaxing. Paul was off, he let me sleep in after a rough night. Sadly enough, Paul and I spent most of the day playing Mario Kart with each other while our Uverse was installed. It was nice, considering the rest of his vacation this week will be spent with me getting tests done or visiting doctors. I must say that I could live with my husband home all day everyday!! I hate the thought of him going back to work next week.  He keeps me busy and in a positive mind frame. When I am by myself I tend to dwell on the negatives. I wish I could change that about me. The point is is that I love Paul to death and just enjoy him being around more.

Today was my hematologist/oncologist appointment at Texas Oncology. I was pretty nervous just because I wasn't sure exactly why I was going in for. The doctors and diagnoses start to get jumbled. Thank goodness it was not a concern for cancer. They are testing for mini strokes, blood clotting and blood disorders. They took 12 tubes of blood which equaled about 56 ml they said. It was a piece of cake, I can give blood all day everyday if needed. Though I hope that I do not have any of the above, I am just thankful it was nothing related to cancer.  I go back in 2 weeks to get the results. I should be getting my tens unit today for my pinched nerve and muscle spasms, I am excited to see if it will help me.
I may not be able to get on tomorrow. I go in for my Cervical Spine MRI and then my Spinal Tap. PLEASE say a prayer for me that my anxiety doesn't take over. I hear so many bad things about a Spinal Tap that I don't know what to think tomorrow. They will have to keep me after the procedures for 2-4 hours, but should be able to be back home tomorrow evening. I will update you on that whenever I can.

Thursday I have my rheumatologist appointment and then an overnight sleep study that I am not looking forward to. I have never spent the night somewhere by myself with no one I know not being there. I'm a big baby when it comes to this. LOL!! Well, I have a busy rest of the week and the moments I have a little time I just want to enjoy Paul being off. So it may be the last update for a few days. Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 comment:

Shade of Mind said...

Do you take something for your anxiety?